In the proud tradition of MightyMite, Three Threes brings us another funny-coloured spreadable paste: Mighty Passionfruit Butter. You might expect a man who names his computers after tropical fruits to be pretty excited about this product. You would be correct. I was puzzled how I could possibly have been unaware of its existence for 25 years, until I googled it for this post and realized that it's brand new.
Short review: I love it! Read on for more, and the breakfast recipe we had this morning.
- Tip #1: don't judge this product by its smell. I opened the jar and took a big whiff, hoping to be smacked in the face with passionfruity goodness. Nope. I was rewarded only with the disappointing scent of stale butter. Weird, but push ahead.
- Tip #2: spread thinly. Once it gets in your mouth, the desired passionfruity goodness smack will be delivered.
I had high hopes for this spread and I was not let down. Strong, tangy passionfruit taste - what more could I ask for? (I suppose I could ask for "healthy treat", but taking a look at the ingredients list that's probably a bit much...)
Here's a little recipe (if you can call it that) Lozz and I picked up in a caravan park in Port Douglas, that alerted us to the existence of this product:
Easy Tropical Pancakes
- Purchase a jar of Three Threes Mighty Passionfruit Butter and a small can of Golden Circle coconut cream (hey, this is a post about Aussie Brands).
- Prepare pancakes according to your favourite recipe (or just google for one), replacing some of the milk with the coconut cream.
- Spread with passionfruit butter, close eyes, imagine the sun on your shoulders and a fresh tropical breeze blowing through your hair, enjoy.